Saturday, January 10, 2009

A New Year

Well here it is the 10 of Jan and I am finally updating this blog. Christmas is past and it is good to have it past although now we start planning for the next one. On Dec 20 I had a hunter safety class and all went well it sure is good to be able to help with teaching gun safety and hunting practices. Ryan was able to come and pass the course he did quite well. On Christmas we was able to talk to Kade and as always it was awesome. He is doing well and is now on the home ward stretch of his mission. We will be talking to him only one more time before he comes home in Oct- Nov. He is doing well and just got transferred to Chico about 20-30 miles north of Oroville We also got to visit with Ritchie's on Christmas day they are doing well and must have been pretty good as Santa found them. New Years came and went but as I do almost every year I just went to bed and slept Thur. My family thinks I am a goof ball as I used to stay up and enjoy games and such but as I have gotten older I just go to bed. This year is going OK for now. Janet and I was able to go to Tocanos with Ritchie's for McKay's big 3 birthday it was sure fun to be with them. McKay is getting so big. All of the grand kids are doing great. On Jan 3 I had another hunter safety class and it went well. Matt's future daughter-in-law Sammy was able to come and did real well although she does not want to kill but now she knows gun safety. Matt said that he took some of his family out shooting and Sammy out shot most everyone but girls some times are some of the best shots. This weekend I took both my ward crew and some of my other crew to Fairview canyon for a council biathlon and it was just great as the temperatures got down to +3 during the night but we all slept well and got up had breakfast then did some cross country skiing with some 22 shooting. We had a great time and it sure is fun to know we can still have fun when it is nice and cold out. No one got bit by mosquito's of bee stings of even any frosty bite. Winter is still one of my favorite times to camp. I know you all think I am strange but that's me. Winter is not so bad if you are prepared and have a good out look on it. My scouts think I am crazy!!!!! Next month we get the privilege of going to SCOFIELD and ice fishing.

1 comment:

Chastina said...

My favorite way to "shoot" animals is with a camera.